Resources and updates
AAMFT excels in guiding and supporting the work of MFT educators:
- We publish the acclaimed Journal of Marital and Family Therapy to update members on current research and document the efficacy of our work;
- Our Family Therapy magazine provides extensive information about selected topics of interest;
- We have developed the national MFT Core Competencies;
- We are approved by the U.S. Department of Education to provide national accreditation to graduate MFT programs throughout the country through COAMFTE (Commission on Accreditation of Marriage and Family Therapy Education)
AAMFT-CA Division has created a statewide Educators Collaborative Steering Committee of leaders in MFT leaders who work together regularly in order to:
- Create learning forums and programs to meet the needs and requests of California MFT educators.
- Provide updates regarding academic requirements and regulatory changes.
- Advocate for the interests of educators in Sacramento and with the BBS
- Develop a unified voice to speak for the future of MFTs in California.
- Through the creation and growth of the Educators Collaborative Network, establish communication and provide a forum for exchange among MFT educators throughout the state.