AAMFT-CA Online Certification Programs SUD
Resources to prepare you for the future
Substance Use Disorders Online Certification Program
Presented By AAMFT-CA and The MATRIX Institute
This 20-hour CE Curriculum consists of a basic text and seven hours of original streaming video content. Please Note: The textbook, Treating Alcohol and Drug Problems in Psychotherapy Practice: Doing What Works, by Arnold M. Washton & Joan E. Zweben , is available for purchase before starting the curriculum. You will be able to successfully complete the post-test for the textbook at any time during this course. The 20-hour CE Curriculum is self-paced.
Presenters and topics include:
- Sam Minsky LMFT, national trainer for the Matrix Institute on Addictions discusses substance abuse and the therapeutic environment. 2 CE hours
- Addiction Psychiatrist, Dr Karen Miotto, Director of the UCLA Medicine Service discusses drugs of abuse, in particular their effects and pharmacology. 2 CE hours
- Addiction Psychiatrist, Dr Karen Miotto, Director of the UCLA Medicine Service discusses drugs of abuse, in particular the cannabiniods, stimulants, and opiates. 2 CE hours
- Ahndrea Weiner LMFT, a Director at the Matrix Institute on Addictions, discusses different levels of care in substance abuse treatment. 2 CE hours
- Jeanne Obert MFT MSM, Executive Director and a founder of the Matrix Institute, discusses evidence-based treatment for Substance Use Disorders. 2 CE hours
- Ahndrea Weiner MFT, a Director at the Matrix Institute, examines Self Help Recovery Groups. Her presentation is followed by a panel of people speaking to their recovery processes (AA, Al-Anon, SMART). 2 CE hours
- Katheryn Whittaker LMFT, Clinical Services Director for the Matrix Institute, addresses addiction treatment for special populations: Women, criminal justice, LGBT, adolescents, and co-occurring disorders. 2 CE hours
COST: $250.00 AAMFT Members, $300.00 Non-AAMFT Members
*Text sold separately
Click here to register
Please note: Although there is CE assignment indicated throughout the elements of the course, no partial credit will be awarded for the curriculum. All elements need to be completed for CEs to be awarded and the certification completed.
Psychologists looking for CE credit can register through Psychwest, Clinical and Forensic Psychology, Inc., after completing this course: Click here.
To contact Psychwest call: (877) 360-2237
Psychwest is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Psychwest maintains responsibility for this program and its content.