Mission, Purpose, Goals
The AAMFT-CA Division Educators’ Collaborative was created to establish an active, statewide network of Marriage and Family Therapy Educators.
The purposes of the AAMFT-CA Division Educators’ Collaborative are:
- Promote unification of the MFT professional culture in California.
- Promote communication and collaboration.
- Provide resources and information.
The AAMFT-CA Division Educators’ Collaborative long-term goal is the establishment of a statewide force of educators and clinicians, committed to the following pursuits:
- Promoting the development of regional consortiums throughout the state that will organize ongoing meetings to bring together MFT educators and supervisors.
- Promoting increased hiring of MFT faculty within MFT graduate school programs throughout the state.
- Incorporating the AAMFT Core Competencies within graduate school programs throughout the state.
- Serving as a resource center for educators in relation to MFT educational programs, curricula and research.
- Increasing employment options for MFT graduate students and interns.
- Developing “One Voice” to provide effective representation in MFT educator advocacy efforts.