Presented by AAMFT-CA
This 32-hour CE certification is a remarkable training for clinicians everywhere. Those who are pre-licensed and clinicians out of the State of California are invited to take this course, but only licensed clinicians in California are eligible to receive CE credits. We believe this training will be an important addition to the growing field of LGBT affirmative psychotherapy and a vital service to the mental health profession and those we serve.
The certification training consists of a basic text, task force reports, journal articles, case studies, over five hours of original streaming video and material written exclusively for this curriculum. Most of the elements of the curriculum require completion of a post-test in order to move onto the next material. The 32-hour CE certification is self-paced.
- AAMFT: American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- AAMFT-CA: American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy – California Division
- APA: American Psychological Association
- Center for American Progress
- Gaylesta: The Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Psychotherapy Association.
- Family Equality Council
- Gay Couples Institute
- Salvatore Garanzini LMFT
- Gay & Lesbian Medical Association
- Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center
- Mary Case CDVC
- Los Angeles Gender Center
- Marie Keller LMFT
- Elise Turen PhD
- Susan Landon LMFT
- Movement Advance Project
- Narrative Couples Center
- Charley Lang LMFT
- National Resource on Domestic Violence
- The Relational Center
- Mark Fairfield LCSW
- Laura Laurent-Varava MFTI
- Jessica Weissbuch MFTI
- Beverly Berg PhD, LMFT
- Theodore Burnes PhD
- Benjamin E. Caldwell, PsyD
- Jeffrey Chernin PhD, LMFT & Melissa Johnson PhD
- James Guay LMFT
- Jacqueline Hudak PhD & Shawn V. Giammattei PhD
- Keely Kolmes Psy D.
- Michael Liberatore LMFT
- Christi McGeorge PhD LMFT & Thomas Stone Carlson PhD, LMFT
- Lucy Rimalower LMFT & Caren Caty PhD
- Rebecca Silverstein LMFT & Barry Bastian, LMFT
- Geri Weitzman PhD
And clinicians and clients from throughout California.
Ralph Bruneau PhD, LMFT & Rebecca Silverstein LMFT, Eds.
COST: $250.00 AAMFT Members, $300.00 Non-AAMFT Members
(Note: for discount member code, please login to Members Only section, Certification)
*Text sold separately
Please note: The textbook, Affirmative Psychotherapy and Counseling for Lesbians and Gay Men, by Jeffrey N. Chernin and Melissa R. Johnson, is available for purchase before starting the curriculum. You will be able to successfully complete the post-test for the textbook at any time during this course. Sage Publications is offering a 25% discount on the price of the book (approximately $40) if purchased through the publisher. The discount code for the text purchase is located in the curriculum outline.
Please note: Although there is CE assignment indicated throughout the elements of the course, no partial credit will be awarded for the curriculum. All elements need to be completed for CEs to be awarded and the certification completed. Upon finishing the online curriculum, you will receive a certificate confirming that you have successfully completed this course of study and earned 36 continuing education credits.